C'è ancora spazio per i blog 22.08.092009-08-17:02:02
Your blog is your mothership. Don't neglect it for lesser tools. [...]
So, how can you make sure that you don't neglect your blog (or your "mothership")?
1. Spend time there. Visit your site or blog frequently (ideally, several times per day). This helps you stay connected with your vision for your business, and it also helps you stay in tune with the usability of your site, as well as find ways to improve it.
2. Keep it updated. It's very easy to allow a month to go by without posting a single blog entry. Naturally, the frequency of your posts will depend on a number of factors, most important being your own goals for your site, but you should post on a regular and consistent schedule so that your site content remains fresh.
3. Engage your audience. Ask questions, make thought-provoking posts, and most importantly, monitor the comments on your blog. If someone replies to one of your posts, take the time to respond, and if you really want to impress the person, email him or her with a thoughtful "thank you for following" message.
4. Give it some thought. Don't just post "filler content" to make an arbitrary quota. Really think about what your audience wants to hear. What do they want to know more about? How can you help them? Find ways to provide greater value for your readers. You'll know you're providing benefit when you hear clients and customers say things like, "I'm trying that idea you mentioned on your blog."
5. Find ways to improve. Organize your archives a little better, add links to your social networking profiles, or spruce up your "About" page. Find ways to regularly improve your site, making it more visually appealing and more user-friendly.