75 montaggi cinematografici che meritano una menzione 11.02.152015-02-08:29:20
La top ten della lista dei 75 migliori montaggi cinematografici di tutti i tempi secondo la Motion Picture Editors Guild.
01. Toro scatenato (Thelma Schoonmaker, 1980)
02. Quarto potere (Robert Wise, 1941)
03. Apocalypse Now (Lisa Fruchtman, Gerald B. Greenberg, Walter Murch, 1979)
04. All That Jazz - Lo spettacolo continua (Alan Heim, 1979)
05. Gangster story (Dede Allen, 1967)
06. Il padrino (William H. Reynolds, Peter Zinner, 1972)
07. Lawrence d'Arabia (Anne V. Coates, 1962)
08. Lo squalo (Verna Fields, 1975)
09. JFK - Un caso ancora aperto (Pietro Scalia, Joe Hutshing, 1991)
10. Il braccio violento della legge (Gerald B. Greenberg, 1971)
As for directors, Alfred Hitchcock is the most often cited, making the list 5 times (although not placing in the top 10), and spanning 3 decades. Right behind him are Steven Spielberg and Francis Ford Coppola, both of whom made the list 4 times. Like Hitchcock, Spielberg's pictures were released over 3 decades. Coppola's pictures, however, were all released in the 1970s - with 2 in 1974 (the only director with 2 films in a single year). All of his pictures placed in the top 22 films, with 3 of them in the top 11. At the other end of the continuum, there were 33 years between Terrence Malick's 2 films on the list.
Directors Stanley Kubrick and Martin Scorsese follow, with 3 films each making the cut. Tied with Malick for 2 pictures are Bob Fosse, William Friedkin, Akira Kurosawa, Christopher Nolan, Ridley Scott, Steven Soderbergh, Orson Welles and Bob Wise; all others received 1 mention.